Monday, June 9, 2008

Missing Ashley - A Prelude

Tomorrow morning, round about 5 am, I embark on a journey that will take me through southeastern Ohio, the depth of lovely West Virginia and Virgina, right into the heart of North Carolina.

That's right. I'm visiting my place of birth.

Family. Friends. They're all going to get some much-needed time with Mr. Brown.

But that means someone very near and dear to my heart may suffer through Mr. Brown withdrawal during my absence: Mrs. Marietta-Brown. Tuesday through Sunday without the love of her life (that's me, in case anyone was wondering). No one to crowd the bed. No one to fix meals (Ashley: "Yeah, right"). No one to clean up around the apartment (Ashley: "Are you serious?"). And no one to love on.

That said, I'll be missing out on those exact same things for nearly a week. No one to take care of me and love me. It will make it all the more sweeter when I get to come home to her on Sunday evening.

I love you.

No comments: